Serving in Connect
Thank you for serving in our Connect Team!
This is the perfect way to get to know the church family, and make a difference to those who are coming to the service! By being a part of this team, you are connecting the family together.
There are a number of different roles that make up the Connect Team. They are:
- Service Coordinator: They are in charge of ensuring the service runs smoothly and will let you know what is happening throughout the service. Service Coordinators arrive at 2:20pm to get prepared for the arrival of the team.
- Smiles: First impressions are important, and feeling welcomed is often the difference between someone staying at a church or leaving. In this role, you’ll be helping to set everything up before the service and packing up after, ensuring that everyone that enters has a smiley greeting and has someone to talk to (especially if they’re new!), and some weeks you’ll also be putting out the food for supper and cleaning up afterwards. One person will also be required to stay by the elevator with the fob to ensure parents can get down to their kids quickly and easily if needed. You will arrive at 2:30pm.
- Check-ins: This role is an extension of Smiles. The extra bit is that part of your setting up time is spent getting the iPad and computer ready for kids check-ins. You are also required to head down to level 2 before the 5 min break to get ready for the parents to sign in. Your job down there is to add new families to Elvanto so that the kids can be added to the checked in list for the kids program. Once all kids are signed in, you are required to print out a list of all the kids so that in the unlikely event of a fire, there’s a printed list of all the names.
- Muscles: This is a simple but vitally important role. It requires putting out the chairs (rows of 7 chairs with an aisle down the middle) and the signs, making sure that everything is in its right place, and packing up afterwards. You need to arrive at 2:30pm.
- Food: This is providing and setting out morning tea each week. There is a $25 budget, and you can either borrow the church card from me or you will be reimbursed for your expenses. There will be people there to help, but we would need you to take the lead role on it. You don’t need to arrive until around 3:20pm to start setting it all up.
Each week, there’s a connect meeting at 2:30pm to unite the team, introduce new people into the team, and for the Service Coordinator to inform you of what’s happening that week. Please ensure that you’re ready for this meeting at 2:30pm so that the set up can begin straight after it.
A few housekeeping things:
We do our rosters through Elvanto. Once you sign up to serve, you’ll get some instructions sent through with how to login and use it. The most important thing is once you know you’ll be away one Sunday and unable to serve, pop in your unavailability into Elvanto so that we know not to roster you on.
If you’re rostered on a Sunday that you are now unavailable for, it’s your responsibility to find a replacement then let Hayley know who that is so the roster on Elvanto can be changed.
If you have any questions about your role or the service, your Service Coordinator is the person to chat to! They know all the answers. If it’s a rostering question, speak with me.
We love you and are so thankful that you are serving our church family, but if you are struggling in the space that you are serving, please either speak with your Service Coordinator or with me about it. Just as you are serving and caring for the family, we want to serve and care for you, so please don’t hesitate to speak to us!
We love watching the family come together to serve each other with a joy. Thank you for being a part of our family in this!